Porsche Press kit 1998 - landing page
PORSCHE PRESS KIT 1999
The Porsche 911 GT3 (type 996) is unveiled as the successor to the Porsche 911 Carrera RS (type 993) for the MY 2000 at the Geneva Motor Show. Equipped with dry sump lubrication and a separate oil tank, the GT3 model is designed as a sporty niche model, and is also available as a Club Sport variant for the racetrack. The Porsche 911 GT3 R scores its first accolades when it achieves a class victory and 13th overall position during its début at the 24 Hours of Le Mans.
Two-time World Rally Champion Walter Röhrl makes the new 911 GT3 immortal, lapping the 20.8-kilometre Northern Circuit of Nürburgring in 7:56.33 minutes. Never before has a series sports car with normal road tyres homologated for the road covered the most demanding racing circuit in the world this fast.
- Press kit 1999 USA: Porsche 911 (996), Boxster and ... bikes!
- Porsche 911 Carrera Coupé and Cabriolet
- Porsche Boxster (still MY 1998)
- Porsche Bikes (still MY 1998)
- Press kit 1999 Rest of the World: three 911 variants and the Boxster
- 911 (996)
- Boxster: the success of the first three years
- Engine technology: the power of two Boxer
- Side Airbags: it goes around the head
- Radio: user-friendly with unique design
- PCM: Porsche Communication Manager
- Selection: exclusive and individual
- Bikes: High-Tech on two-wheels Porsche too