Porsche Press kit 1979 - landing page
PORSCHE PRESS KIT 1979 - Germany
Porsche and ... royal friends!
Issued in February/March 1979
The kit includes 6 pages on the 1979 MY (924, 924 Turbo, 911 SC, 928, 911 Turbo) and three press releases on the visit of King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden at the factory on 24/3/1979.
Porsche in MY 1979
Two four-, two six-, and one eight-cylinder
With the new 924 Turbo, Porsche has improved in the model program. Two four-cylinder models 924 and 924 Turbo, the two six-cylinder 911 SC and 911 Turbo and the Porsche 928 with V 8 engine.
The most important technical data:
|Engine||Acc. 0-100 km/h (sec.)||Max speed (km/h)||Weight (kg)|
|924||4 cylinders, in-line, liquid-cooled, 1984 cc, 125 hp||9.6||Over 200||1130|
|924 Turbo||4 cylinders, in-line, liquid-cooled, 1984 cc, 170 hp||7.8||225||1180|
|911 SC||6 cylinders, boxer, air-cooled, 2956 cc, 180 hp||7.0||Over 220||1160|
|928||V 8 engine, liquid cooled, 4420 cc, 240 hp||6.8||Over 230||1450|
|911 Turbo||6 cylinders, boxer, air-cooled, 3258 cc, 300 hp||5.4||Over 260||1300|
- 924: The most popular sports car that Porsche has ever developed.
- 924 Turbo: A new Porsche is born!
- 911 SC: The most traditional German sports car is entering its 15th model year.
- 928: The large 928 has extended Porsche's market position.
- 911 Turbo: The fastest German production sports car is also one of the fastest in the world.
- Visit of Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden to Porsche Development Center in Weissach: press releases and speech